Changing the PV loop
- What is preload?
- What is afterload?
- Increasing the heart's force of contraction
- Reimagine the pressure volume relationship
- What is contractility?
- Getting Ea (arterial elastance) from the PV loop
- Arterial elastance (Ea) and afterload
- Arterial elastance (Ea) and preload
- Stroke work in PV loops and boxes
- Contractility, Ea, and preload effects on PV boxes
- Pressure-Volume Boxes
Increasing the heart's force of contraction Find out exactly how stretch increases force of contraction in end-diastole, whereas more calcium increased force of contraction in end-systole. Rishi is a pediatric infectious disease physician and works at Khan Academy.
Increasing the heart's force of contraction
⇐ Use this menu to view and help create subtitles for this video in many different languages. You'll probably want to hide YouTube's captions if using these subtitles.