Changing the PV loop
- What is preload?
- What is afterload?
- Increasing the heart's force of contraction
- Reimagine the pressure volume relationship
- What is contractility?
- Getting Ea (arterial elastance) from the PV loop
- Arterial elastance (Ea) and afterload
- Arterial elastance (Ea) and preload
- Stroke work in PV loops and boxes
- Contractility, Ea, and preload effects on PV boxes
- Pressure-Volume Boxes
Getting Ea (arterial elastance) from the PV loop Find out how to use the PV loop to draw the Ea (Arterial Elastance) line, and what it represents. Rishi is a pediatric infectious disease physician and works at Khan Academy.
Getting Ea (arterial elastance) from the PV loop
⇐ Use this menu to view and help create subtitles for this video in many different languages. You'll probably want to hide YouTube's captions if using these subtitles.