- Variance of a population
- Sample variance
- Review and intuition why we divide by n-1 for the unbiased sample variance
- Simulation showing bias in sample variance
- Unbiased Estimate of Population Variance
- Another simulation giving evidence that (n-1) gives us an unbiased estimate of variance
- Simulation providing evidence that (n-1) gives us unbiased estimate
- Will it converge towards -1?
- Statistics: Standard Deviation
- Exploring Standard Deviation 1 Module
- Exploring standard deviation 1
- Standard deviation
- Statistics: Alternate Variance Formulas
Simulation providing evidence that (n-1) gives us unbiased estimate Simulation by KA user tetef showing that dividing by (n-1) gives us an unbiased estimate of population variance. Simulation at: http://www.khanacademy.org/cs/will-it-converge-towards-1/1167579097
Simulation providing evidence that (n-1) gives us unbiased estimate
⇐ Use this menu to view and help create subtitles for this video in many different languages. You'll probably want to hide YouTube's captions if using these subtitles.