- Range, variance and standard deviation as measures of dispersion
- Variance of a population
- Sample variance
- Review and intuition why we divide by n-1 for the unbiased sample variance
- Simulation showing bias in sample variance
- Unbiased Estimate of Population Variance
- Another simulation giving evidence that (n-1) gives us an unbiased estimate of variance
- Simulation providing evidence that (n-1) gives us unbiased estimate
- Will it converge towards -1?
- Population standard deviation
- Sample standard deviation and bias
- Statistics: Standard deviation
- Exploring standard deviation 1 module
- Exploring standard deviation 1
- Standard deviation
- Statistics: Alternate variance formulas
Sample variance Thinking about how we can estimate the variance of a population by looking at the data in a sample.
⇐ Use this menu to view and help create subtitles for this video in many different languages. You'll probably want to hide YouTube's captions if using these subtitles.