An intro to Khan Academy
We are on a mission
Khan Academy is a non-profit with the mission to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We believe that access to education is a fundamental human right. As such, our resources free (yes, you read that right!).
Every learner is different. Meet the needs of your students with Khan Academy.
Challenge Jaime, who is always ready for a challenge, with a galaxy of learning. Provide extra help to Jo who hasn't quite mastered fractions. Access a wealth of content and real-time data about your students' learning and in turn, give your students more of your time. Khan Academy enables teachers to provide a more personalized, mastery-based and interactive learning experience. Find out more about the blended learning tool being used in over 30,000 classrooms across the globe.
We believe that learning is meant to be personalized, mastery-based and interactive.
- Personalization: Every learner is unique. Students have different backgrounds in their math knowledge and may grasp concepts at varying speeds. We believe students should be able to access specific content when they are ready for it, so that each student is receiving a customized learning experience.
- Mastery-based learning: Gaps in foundational knowledge often cause shallow, frustrating learning experiences for students later in life. We believe that students should have deep, conceptual understanding of core ideas before they progress to more advanced topics.
- Interactive and exploratory experiences: Classrooms should bring students together to explore questions and grapple with them in tangible ways. Open-ended projects can help make concepts real and relevant to students while also giving them an intuitive understanding of math.
The key to unlocking this potential is real-time DATA in tandem with rich content and your coaching.
All of the site's resources are available to anyone for free.
Real-time data to facilitate mastery-based, personalized coaching
Individuals and their coaches have access to immediate feedback on a learner's progress. Coaches also have access to additional reports that summarize and allow for deeper insights into the learning progression of their students.
Mini-lessons across math, science, finance, history, art and more!
Interactive practice from basic addition through advanced math aligned to Common Core standards
A space-themed Knowledge Map leads users to math concepts with helpful hints to provide guidance when needed.
A versatile computer science platform for all ages.
Teachers of all subjects have found this platform useful for providing deeper explorations and applications of a variety of topics, not just computer science.
Using Coach Resources
The resources in this section are best practices on using Khan Academy as a blended learning tool based on feedback we have received from coaches around the world - teachers, parents and other educators. Check out the resources in your section or start with:
With Khan Academy, receive...
- A complete custom self-paced learning tool
- A dynamic system for getting help
- A custom profile to measure progress
- Individual and class reports for all students
- Better intelligence for doing targeted interventions
You may notice that our site is always evolving. We listen to direct feedback from users, both learners and coaches, to improve the experience for everyone.